Top 7 of 2017


Moving to university at the end of this year has been a great push for me to curate my ever growing stockpile of all things beauty into a (slightly) smaller collection as I quite simply couldn't lug my entire set of make up drawers with me.

Therefore, I feel that the products I am using on a daily basis have become staples and are the products that work best for my skin-type and preferences. As we say goodbye to 2017 I thought it would be apt to relay 7 of my all time favourites to you guys in the hopes that some of you might fall head over heels just as I did.

Firstly, I personally feel it's paramount to have clean, fresh skin for flawless make up application. I recently uploaded a post about my top skincare products for a perfect base which is linked here. Once I have carried out my skincare routine I can begin applying make up, starting off with Charlotte Tilbury's Wonder Glow Primer (Buy here - £39) which can be used on its own before foundation, or as I like to use it, mixed in with my foundation to create a gorgeous light reflecting glow.



It works wonders with my Nars Sheer glow foundation (Buy here - £33) of which I have been through at least four bottles since I discovered it a few years ago. If that doesn't indicate how in love I am with this I don't know what will. I find that it has the perfect balance of great coverage without looking at all cakey. The formula is relatively thin which enables great blend-ability as well as layering up for medium to build-able coverage when needed. I have two shades which I interchange according to how tanned I am, at the moment being the palest bean of them all due to this bitterly cold and horrible weather I am using my vampire shade of Santa Fe, in Summer I will hopefully be able to return to shade Barcelona.




With my paler winter skin I am finding that I need a little help warming up my complexion in the form of Chanel's Soleil Tan De Chanel (Buy here - £36). Chanel claims that this is a make up base which suggests that you can use this underneath make up as a sort of bronzing primer. However, I tend to simply sweep it across my cheekbones with my Real Techniques Contour Brush, on my forehead and a little under my jaw line to add a really healthy bronze glow. I find that because this is a cream product it blends into the skin and foundation seamlessly.



Again, in an attempt to fake healthy looking skin comes my trusted Mac Cream Colour Base in the shade Hush (Buy here - £18). I apply this to the tops of my cheekbones, on the tip of my nose and on my cupids bow. It's a beautiful pink toned cream shimmer which suits practically every skin tone. After having a fling with the renowned "instagram" highlighters such as Jaclyn Hill's Champagne Pop and Fenty's Killawat, I am enjoying a more subtle sheen in this Mac alternative which could actually pass as dewy, glowing skin as opposed to a streak of pure glitter. I also love that you can apply this easily with fingers and the warmth of them melts it into your skin beautifully.


When it comes to my lipstick wardrobe there has been a clear winner this year, the Little Black Dress of lipsticks if it were. Nars Velvet Matte Lip Crayon in the shade Walkyrie (Buy here - £21) is the perfect deep nude which really complements my skin tone and adds a finished look to whatever make up I am wearing, day or night. The formula is also beautiful, it applies smoothly and lasts all day without smudging or awkwardly fading (we all know how irritating this issue is, am I right?).


Finally on to my top two eye products from this year. Firstly, Rimmel Kate Moss Shadow Stick in the shade Rose Gold (Buy here - £4.49). I find this product so versatile and so easy to use, it requires zero effort, for days I want a really natural but put together look I just swipe this all over my lid, blend with my finger and we're away. The bronzey shimmer equally makes a beautiful base for a night time more complex eye look and ensures any shadow stays put. Last but definitely not least comes my all time favourite mascara Benefit BADgal Lash (Buy here - £18.50). Another product I have repurchased on numerous occasions because I get through it like it's water. I haven't yet found a mascara that makes my lashes look as long and fluttery without clumping. The natural bristles do a fab job of separating and volumising. So therefore, this mascara has well and truly earnt it's place on my top 7 list of 2017.

I hope you have all had a wonderful 2017 and 2018 brings even more happiness and amazing beauty product launches to fall in love with! Thank you to all of you for your continued support on my blog.

I would love to find out what products you have been loving this year, so let me know in the comments!

All Imagery Taken By Myself (Sonita Prinjha)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Shampoo That Saved My Hair

Beauty On A Budget- Naked 2 Alternative

A little bit of Luxury