Nivea Men Post Shave Balm As A Primer?!


After youtuber Kathleen Lights expressed her love for this post shave balm used as a primer the whole youtube/blogosphere was whipped into a frenzy! Of course I had to follow suit and luckily my brother had a spare one of these to hand as it is his fave post shave moisturiser. After being seriously confused as to why I would want to use this as a primer my brother kindly let me have his extra bottle of this to test out for myself.
My first impressions of this were that it is a lot runnier than I expected and has a very manly smell, neither of which put me off in the slightest. 
On applying this I noticed how quickly it sunk into the skin leaving a really smooth, moisturised finish with almost a slightly tacky feel to it. I found that this made it so much easier than it normally is to apply my concealer and foundation as it just blended straight into the skin. 
My under eye concealer and powder also sat perfectly without creasing or settling into lines which is usually a concern of mine.
At the end of a busy 8 hour day I came home to find that my make up hadn't budged, my oily areas were hardly oily at all and I had experienced no creasing under the eyes or on my lids. 
All expectations of this product have been exceeded and I honestly think that I will be reaching for it more than my high end primers! At only £3.25 at the moment in Superdrug this is a serious bargain and worth every penny if not a lot more!!

Have you tried this product?
What did you think of it?


Lots of love,
Son x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Shampoo That Saved My Hair

A little bit of Luxury

Beauty On A Budget- Naked 2 Alternative