Contouring & Highlighting


With the festive comes eating and lots of it, meaning my face and entire body just don't quite look as sculpted as they did before I started gorging on the mince pies and chocolate. This is when make up can be a really useful skill at creating illusions, making the face appear slimmer. 

Concealing- Using my Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Concealer in the shade Light (which is a couple of shades lighter than my natural skin tone) I create a triangle under the eyes to brighten and conceal my dark circles whilst highlighting my under eye area. I love this product as it is super creamy and high coverage without being at all cakey. It also lasts all day on the skin.

Setting with powder- To ensure my concealer doesn't crease I often use my MAC Mineralise Skin Finish Natural in the shade medium plus. It has really light coverage and is super finely milled so doesn't get heavy on the skin and keeps my under eyes looking bright and flawless.

Contouring- This is when, using a product a few shades darker than your skin tone to create shadows, for example in the hollows of your cheeks, the jaw line and hair line. Daily I have been reaching for my KIKO Contouring pencil in the shade 01, a creamy matte cool toned brown pencil that is super easy to use. I simply stripe this on the places that I want to appear more shadowed and then using a small domed fluffy brush I blend blend blend until it has seamlessly created a contoured effect.

Highlighting- This has become my most favourite step when doing my make up and I love the beautiful effect it has on how the make up looks. Although I must admit this KIKO highlighting pencil is definitely not my fave (I love Becca's Champagne Pop!!) it still gives the desired impact. I swipe this along the tops of my cheekbones, on the end of my nose and also just above the cupids bow. This creates the illusion of these parts of the face being brought forward, accentuating your features. 

Do you like to contour and highlight?
I hope you all had a Merry Christmas!!
Lots of love,
Son 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Shampoo That Saved My Hair

Beauty On A Budget- Naked 2 Alternative

A little bit of Luxury