Beauty favourites of 2013

Beauty favourites of 2013

This year has been an incredible year in my eyes for all things beauty related. The amount of new products hitting the shelves from the beginning of the year have exceeded all expectations and set the bar at an all-time high for 2014’s beauty related products. For my first ever blog I thought I would give an insight into my favourite products this year and why I adore them so much.


The first of which is a skincare item which I’m sure the majority of the blogging world will have heard about at least once or twice… no definitely more. Bioderma créaline micelalaire water has been all the rage this year and I totally agree with the hype surrounding this wonderful product. I picked up a bottle of this when I visited Paris and automatically fell in love which lead me to buying 6 other bottles the very next day. With one sweep of a cotton pad your make up has seemed to of vanished with no tugging or scratching at the skin at all.

 
Another skincare product I have been loving this year is again from Paris’ famous pharmacies- la Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo has been my life saver spot treatment for whenever I get the odd spot, I slather this over my face before I moisturise in the morning and evening and voila before you know it that pesky spot has retreated! I honestly don’t think I could live without this product and it will definitely be staying in my make-up bag. Also it is not expensive, sold in boots and usually on offer at around £13.  
 


The first make-up product I have been in love with this year is my Nars Sheer Glow foundation. I am in the colour Barcelona and I find it matches my skin tone perfectly. This foundation is slightly on the pricey side at £30.50 but I believe it is worth every penny! The coverage is medium to buildable and the finish it gives to the skin looks really beautiful. It's packaging I find is the only downfall as it comes originally in a pour bottle and the pump is sold separately, with the pump the lid does not fit onto the bottle and even though the pump can lock I find it a bit frustrating. Other than that I am totally in love with this product!
 
 

 
My next top pick of the year has to be this Maybelline Fit Me concealer, its fabulous at covering those dreaded under eye bags, there's not too much to say about this product other than I think it is brilliant and I haven't found anything as good as this in the past year! I don't think there is enough hype surrounding this product and I could even truthfully say I prefer it to everyone's favourite collection lasting perfection concealer, it doesn't crease and is long lasting and cheap and cheerful adds to its advantages!


Real Techniques brushes, if you haven't heard of these incredible tools where have you been?! I am In LOVE with these synthetic brushes as most of the world seems to be, and who wouldn't be? They are truly fantastic! Applying make-up is so easy with the helping hand of these beauties. I have picked out 5 of my favourites these being- the buffing brush, expert face brush, contour brush, setting brush and the fine liner brush. They have all quickly become a major part of my daily routine and I could not live without them!


 
 
 
 
At first I didn't particularly like this mascara and i couldn't quite understand the hype surrounding it but I thought I would carry on using it for a while and my opinion on it may change. Which it certainly did! this mascara from Maybelline called the rocket is fairly new to Maybelline and I have tried all of the Maybelline mascaras and would say this is the best by far! it separates your lashes, adds length and just makes them look a million times better! it is a very good price at around £7.99. I just cannot sing its praises enough!
 
 
 
This Rimmel Kate Moss lipstick in 01 has not left my lips this winter. It finishes off any look perfectly and because it is matte it just looks so flawless. The amount of compliments I have received while wearing this lipstick just shows its brilliance I think! Definitely my favourite red out of my whole collection, I just think it is an amazing product. The price tag is an added bonus at only around £4.99, I cant fault this product and would recommend to anyone and everyone!
 
 
 
 
For my final product I thought I would share the fact that I have a definite nail varnish obsession. My collection has grown scarily large and I just can't seem to stop myself. The look I am loving at the moment are pinky nudes or taupe's as you can probably tell from what I have on at the moment (OPI did you 'ear about van Gogh?). The nail varnish I have been wearing for the majority of the Christmas break has been this Essie in Neo Whimsical which I have layered with the No7 matte effects top coat. I just think it makes your hands look really slender and put together and I have just been loving this combination this winter time.
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Shampoo That Saved My Hair

Beauty On A Budget- Naked 2 Alternative

A little bit of Luxury